Wednesday 18 May 2011

Day 17 and 18

Day 17 (17th May)
Almighty God Jehovah praises unto you. Today is a very quiet day for me. Nothing much doing than indoors after my sojourn again to the bank. I cam home and slept most of the day. Thank God for the gift of sleep.
Day 18 (18th May)
Praise God for waking me up this morning hale and hearty. I went out with my step mum to Lagos State University (LASU), my best friend Kemi Akinosho graduated from there so many years ago.
I have not been to this side of Lagos in over twenty years. The area has developed so much. The road to the Campus used to be like travelling through the forest, although they had not moved to their permanent site then. I remember the days we used to travel down from Ife to ‘shift’. I thank God for His mercies which are not dependent on the work of our hand.
I met a very interesting 74years old man, Mr. Amodu, who just graduated with a second class Honours degree in Sociology this year.
It’s amazing. This man has got children who has P.HD and a wife who has post graduate qualification. He is starting his Masters programme this year. He said he was motivated by his wife. He is very well spoken and articulate. I was impressed. Where there is a will, there is a way. It’s never too late to be educated. See a clip of my mini interview on my facebook (if you are on my friend list). If you are not on my friend list, once you subscribe to follow my blog, send me a friend request and I will accept.
My visit to LASU was very fruitful. God opened the door of favour. I am networking to profile We CAN Leadership Institute. We want to explore opportunities to access Youths for training and empowerment. God is leading us to work with Youths in Nigeria to empower them with skills and knowledge to develop them into great leaders of tomorrow. We have so many Youths who do the wrong courses in University because of Parent pressure or misguided mindset about how to make money. We do not have effective career guidance in our secondary schools; neither do we have enough Social Entrepreneurial projects to support potential young Entrepreneurs. There is a role for We CAN as part of our vision to develop leaders for this generation. As we are investing in South Africa, we also have to remember ‘home’. So far, there is great potential in the land. I know many Nigerians outside the country might say why bother but I know my home, where I come from and I will always remember home. God has a reason for making me be born in Nigeria to Nigerian parent. If God wanted to make me a South African or any other nation, He would have done so. For those Nigerian who lambast the Country and vow never to return or have anything to do with the Country, remember you did not create yourself and God never makes a mistake.
I have also started the process to register We CAN in Nigeria in order to facilitate the events we plan on doing and enable partnerships. We had a start and stop process but God has taken control and the process is now on track. God is great. When He gives a vision, He provides the means. One only needs to obey and take that step to start. We have been spending time this year to do some background work to start the Business part of We CAN. God has enabled opportunities to partner with great people that are helping to consolidate the governance, the documentation and all processes we need to have in place. I am trusting God for open doors for resources to enable us do more training free for people and thus impact lives.
There are a few more people to see before I return to SA, as the first stage. I am so excited to be doing something that would impact people’s life. And doing it not with the intention of making millions but just to impact lives as a way to glorify God and spread His love. God says seek ye first the Kingdom of God and everything will be added unto you.
Another project I’m working on is perfecting my father’s probate. It’s taken so long and I have now resolved to go direct to the High Court. It’s unbelievable how wicked people can be. You pay for a service and then they start dribbling you like a football. But God always stand by His own. He exposes the plot of men; He provides resources and ways to help you. I am determined to have a breakthrough before I leave.
I’m already halfway of my stay in 9ja and there is still so much to do. I take it that the days of rest is now over. I’m off to my home Country Abeokuta in a few days. Ori Olumo (Top of Olumo rock), mayo mayo mayo o, lori Olumo (be joyous on top of Olumo rock). It’s so different from Lagos, peaceful, less hectic, and calm, I love it. This is where I would like to settle when I retire. It is also the location for We CAN’s Village for Orphans and Widows. I will say more on this later.
My God, my Father, I glorify You for this day

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.