Wednesday 11 May 2011

Day 11 (11th May)

To God be the glory for waking me up hale and hearty this morning. No electricity since yesterday afternoon.  This morning, there was no water as well, neither from the main tap nor the reservoir. What a wonderful way to start the day. It’s a good thing I have no plan to go out today. Yet in all things I give thanks.
I met with my fashion designer (sophisticated term for Tailor) this morning. I have some materials which I have not made and would not want to do this in South Africa. I remember I’ve still got a material with a sister for over a year, anyway it’s cheaper to make it in 9ja.
Thank God for facebook. It is a 21st century revolution. I have met so many old friends and families through it. One of such old friends is my best friend when I was in secondary school so many years ago. I touched base with her today. She told me about her son’s accident on OKADA which broke the bones on both legs. Praise God it was not more than that. So many people have lost their life on OKADA. OKADA is the local lingo for motorbike which is a major type of transportation in Nigeria. It is death on wheels. There is no training for the drivers, no safety protection, and no regulation, coupled with the reckless driving of the drivers, it is death on wheels. What is even so disturbing is the number of passengers that are carried at the same time, can be up to 3 or 4 including the driver! Yet with the state of traffic especially in Lagos, it is the fastest mode of transportation, and most people usually say they have no choice. There are some areas that you can’t even drive a car to, it’s either you walk or you take an OKADA. There are too many deaths as a result of OKADA and something must be done by our Government or the people.  Maybe one can start a ‘STOP DEATH ON WHEELS ON OUR ROAD’ movement. Hmm worth thinking about. Anyone interested?
I made progress on my project by meeting with a couple of project managers. This will really be a learning experience for me and would definitely need the leading of the Holy Spirit because I tire for masonry in 9ja. You really need God to help you choose the right one.  
Despite the heat, I was able to get through more on my reading book. I also shared some insights on my tweeter. I learnt about the power of the enemy over our life through our negative thoughts. Every time you give in to negativity in your life, you are agreeing and affirming with enemy’s lies over your life. That is why positive confession is so vital as a child of God, Makes you think about the negative proclamation we 9gerian’s make over our nation. I’m making a decision to take authority over negative thought, negative speech from today. There are so many beautiful and inspirational insights which I’m pulling together in another journal.
It’s been a very restful time for me this week and I thank God for the opportunity. I’ve been binging on mangoes from my mum’s garden, very juicy and organic (not planted with fertilizer), vegetables from the garden as well. My Mum has green fingers. She planted some vegetables (tomatoes, bitter leave) when she was with us in SA and we enjoyed it for a while. Her compound here is full of fruits and vegetables. Awesome
We are blessed in 9ja (Nigeria) with abundance of fruits and vegetables. So many varieties. You don’t appreciate these until you live in a Country where you have to pay so much for fruits and veg. We are blessed
I need to take some pictures and videos once my rest period is over.
Jehovah, for today I say thank you.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.