Monday 16 May 2011

Day 14th (14th May)

I went visiting to an area called Abule Egba (village of Egba –a tribe in South West Nigeria) this morning. I don’t know why this place is called a village because it is a city. The area we went to is not accessible to the house we were going so we had to park some houses away and walk. The town planning in Lagos is something else.
I got back in time for my family meeting at noon. Anytime we have such meeting, it requires pre-meeting prayers. God has really been my banner since my father’s death twelve years ago when I was thrust into a leadership role that my elder brother did not fill. The meeting by the grace of God went well, however the trustees still has a lot of work to do. It has been difficult getting trustworthy people to manage the estate and we’ve resolved to do it ourselves. This is one of my sabbatical projects. I know it shall be well.
Polygamous family in Nigeria is one of our root problems. It has done uncountable damages to families from one generation to the other. It was the mercy of God over my father’s house that has been sustaining us. I thank God for His mercies, for His banner and protection that He has continued to bind us with the cord of love, peace and unity.
I have not been able to upload my blog unto the site for the past couple of days because the site was down. I had to do this today which was a bit tedious since I was also completing the write up for today. I was a bit concerned about the lack of pictures on my blog. I wanted to take some pictures some days ago and my phone was asking for a media card, which I thought was there already. I missed some picture opportunities on my day out to Lagos. We came across a fight on Thursday when we were in Lagos between a lady and a man which thank goodness was stopped by passerby’s’. I noticed the man was trying to rip this lady’s top. It’s bad enough that a man would be physically fighting a woman on the street, and they were strangers, talkless trying to uncover her nakedness in public. What a shameful act. I wonder how he treats his wife at home. Luckily the fight was stopped in the nick of time.
As I was trying to get some information from my South Africa sim card, I noticed that the media card in my phone was not clicked in place properly. Haha, this accounted for the undetected media card! Boy, was I happy because this means I can take pictures that would make my write up less boring.
I slept soon after the family meeting today around 4pm and woke up a few hours later. I got up feeling so tired in my spirit. I could not say a word to my Mum because I know she would start putting 2 and 2 together to make 5, particularly after the meeting. I took a leaf out of the book I am reading about speaking against all negative feeling. I felt it was not physical and I immediately started praying against feeling of dejection, of tiredness, of heaviness and I immediately started feeling better. I really felt the spirit of God overshadow me and I started praying from the depth of my heart as I felt God’s presence so strongly.
My God is Awesome. I love you Jehovah. I adore you. Continue to keep me as the apple of your eyes. How You took control today can only be YOU. My heart, my soul, the air I breathe, my eyes are on You today & always. Help me LORD to live for You in all ways, at all time, everything for You. I feel you LORD. Help me to be a doer not just a hearer of your word. Help me to touch life in significant and profound ways, all to bring glory to You. Help me to impact lives, to impact nation, to impact my generation, to be a Blessing not just blessed so that YOUR name only would be glorified. My Father, my friend, my love, my past, my present, my future, my All. I LOVE YOU.
I could not get to sleep easily today after having slept earlier in the evening, so I decided to update my journal. It’s about 1.30am now and I am going to try and sleep now with the droning of our neighbour’s generator providing the background music. There is church tomorrow.
God Almighty, thank You for blessing me with another wonderful day in goodness and mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.