Wednesday 18 May 2011

Day 16 (16th May)

I thank you Father for waking me up today. I’m spending today sorting out my Dad’s document and cataloging them appropriately. I will also be chasing up the Estate lawyers regarding my father’s probate. Can you imagine we are still on these 11 years down the line? I am so frustrated with the way professionals work in this country. The client is the one that will be chasing up on the work you give them and are paying them for. If you don’t call them in years, there would not be any progress on your work. And when you do call them, you will be asked for more money and more money.
The lawyers I’ve had the opportunity to relate with have been a disappointment. Maybe I’ve been unlucky and did not walk with God on this, I don’t know. The estate lawyer has been telling me the only thing needed was to collect the probate fees from the court. The week before the last, he said he would be going there the next day, last week when I called for an update, he said he just sent someone there that day. I’ve been calling today but have not gone through.
I went though some chunk from document we collected yesterday. It was so tedious but worth it. I found some interesting document. We came across a locked box which we had to force open. It was carpeted with red velvet and it contained my parent’s wedding album! It was still in pristine condition. Beautiful. The pictures were so beautiful. My parents looked beautiful. This was over 43 years ago.
We came across so many pictures of times past, including my elder brother’s graduation day with his then girlfriend Sister Toun. Lovely pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.